As we welcome spring, we begin to experience scattered showers throughout the month of April. We continue to see this weather as June 1st, Hurricane Season, approaches! Do know that the professionals at SERVPRO of East Mission & South Edinburg responds immediately to your flood & storm damage emergencies. We have storm damage restoration experience and specialized equipment to restore your Mission/Edinburg home or business back to pre-storm condition. You must be thinking in your head, “But what can I do BEFORE the storm gets here?”
Here are a few tips that can help keep you GET one step ahead of the storm:
- Listen to weather forecasts & check your supplies: Although we can’t always predict extreme cold in advance, weather forecasts can sometimes give you several days of notice to prepare
- Keep an EMERGENCY KIT: You want to be prepared with food that doesn’t expire, waters, important documents & medications and a first aid kit
Bring your pets inside: If you can’t bring them inside, for whatever reason, provide them adequate shelter. Try to keep them as warm as possible and assure they have access to clean water and dry food.
- Prepare your car EVERY fall: Routine checkup: heater, defroster, brakes, brake fluid, ignition, emergency flashers, exhaust, oil & battery.
- Make sure the tires on your car have adequate tread & air pressure (replace any worm tires if necessary and fill low tires)
- Keep your car gas full. (a spare gas container could also be ideal in the event you need to relocate to a far location)
After any water damage situation, your primary focus should be safety first. Keep these in mind when inspecting your home for damages:
- Ask yourself first, “Is it safe to stay in the house?”
- Are there any electrical or “slip and fall” hazards? (These are some of the most prevalent concerns.)
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
If a storm hits your Mission/Edinburg home or business and you suffer from water damages, contract the team of professionals at SERVPRO of East Mission and South Edinburg. You need a company that can respond immediately and has the expertise & equipment to properly restore your property. SERVPRO of East Mission / South Edinburg uses advanced water damage inspection and extraction equipment to help them find the moisture and to remove it as quickly as possible. Our highly trained technicians will monitor and document the drying process so that you know your property is back to normal.
Have Water or Flood Damages? Call Us 24/7 – (956) 585-3433 or check out our website for more information on our available services. https://www.servproeastmissionsouthedinburg.com/water-damage-restoration