Download an application here.
The mission of the Greater Mission Chamber of Commerce Ambassador Program is to promote member engagement and retention by:
- Raising awareness of Chamber activities and benefits to the community
- Informing and involving new Chamber members to promote strong continuing membership
- Encouraging meaningful participation in the Chamber’s programs
- Serving as a liaison between the Chamber staff and membership
Who are the Chamber Ambassadors?
The Ambassador Program consists of volunteers who are current Chamber members who donate their time to assist the Chamber in various activities. Ambassadors serve a term of one calendar year. Ambassadors can continue to serve after the one-year term if agreed upon by the Ambassador and the Chamber President.
Program Benefits for the Ambassadors
- Increased name and face recognition / your business or organization
- Ample networking opportunities
- Increased referral opportunities through other Ambassadors
- Potential media coverage from attendance at Chamber events
- Gain an insider’s perspective of the local business community
- Opportunity to meet local business and community leaders
- Chance to help the community and show community pride
- Opportunity to win “Ambassador of the Year” at our Annual Member Awards Gala
Ideal Ambassadors are:
- Current members of the Chamber of Commerce
- Have employer’s approval to participate in the program
- Participate in the Ambassador Orientation Program
- Serve for a period of at least one year
- Always promoting the Chamber in a positive manner
Service Opportunities and Responsibilities
As an Ambassador, you have the opportunity to select your participation with Chamber activities. The opportunities may vary from year to year, but can include:
- Assisting at the welcome/registration table at Chamber some events/meetings
- Attending ribbon cutting / grand opening celebrations
- Serving as a mentor for new Chamber members
- Serve as a welcoming committee for new Chamber members
- Refer potential members and ambassadors to the Chamber staff
- Promote and spread the word about Chamber activities
Each of these events is assigned a specific point value based on its significance, effort required, and potential impact on the chamber and its members. For example, ribbon cuttings are worth fewer points than signature events because they are more frequent and may require less time and resources.
- Ribbon Cuttings/Ground Breakings/Grand Openings: 1 point
- Mixers or Networking Opportunities: 2 points
- Expos/Community Events: 3 points
- Signature Events: 5 points
- Recruit a New member: 10 points
- Ambassador Meetings: 2 points
Recognition and Rewards
The Chamber Champions Program features a competitive element where members are ranked based on their total points earned over a defined period. The members who accumulate the most points are recognized and rewarded in various ways, such as:
- Certificates or plaques recognizing their achievement. The ambassador with the most accumulated points at the end of the fiscal year will receive the “Ambassador of the Year” award at the Greater Mission Chamber of Commerce’s Annual Member Awards Gala.
- Public acknowledgment at chamber meetings or in newsletters.
- Finalize ambassador selection.
- Orientation Meeting for ambassadors selected.
- November - January (Q2):
- First quarterly meeting.
- February - April (Q3):
- Second quarterly meeting.
- May - July (Q4):
- Third quarterly meeting.
- Program evaluation and appreciation.
Interested Chamber members should be willing to become actively involved with various events and committees of the Chamber. Only with this kind of commitment can the group achieve its goals and maintain its standard of excellence and service to the Chamber.
Opportunities are generally filled first-come, first-serve.